Initially, Thailand started the golden Visa to attract High Net Worth investors and global wealthy citizens in 2003 to boost the economy. Thai Golden visa is accredited to those who are members of the Thai Elite Residency Programme or Thailand Residency Visa Investment.
This allows the visa holders to exclusively invest and own properties in Thailand. Thai Golden Visa: How to Apply? read more
The Thai Golden Visa is offered to applicants for a 20-year residency in the country and opportunities and access to privileges. To apply for the Thai Golden Visa, you will need an investment of at least 1,000,000 TBH through the Thai Elite banking programs. The Thai Golden Visa entails a lot of privileges like
Freedom to live in Thailand for 20 years
Freedom to work in Thailand without a work permit
Freedom to own real estate in Thailand
The Thailand Golden Visa is a Privilege Entry visa that comes under the Thailand Elite Visa Programs. The Thailand Elite Visa Programme is categorized under a few divisions that determine the cost and extension of the stay.
The Thai Ultimate Elite Privilege Program and the superiority program gives the applicants permission for the 20 -year privilege stay while renewing it every five years. The Thailand Elite Program is available with a separate annual fee for different extensions.
The Eligibility of the Thai Golden visa are listed below:
- Nationality: The applicant must be a citizen of a country that accord with Thailand Immigration Laws and holder of a foreign passport.
- Age: There is no particular age limit for the applicants other than the requirement of being at least 20 years old.
- Thai Privilege card membership: The Applicant must be a holder of a Thai Privilege card which makes them eligible for the Thailand long-term residency visa. After you acquire the Thai Elite Card, the processing of the elite visa will start. The elite visa falls under the category of Privilege Entry Visa.
- Criminal Record: The criminal record is an essential factor to be eligible. The candidate must not have a pending sentence of imprisonment in any other country or should not be associated with bankruptcy. Only crimes committed due to negligence will be allowed as concerned for the record.
The requirements of documents for the Thai elite visa application is straightforward. The documents required are a copy of the profile page in the passport, the original and the copy of the acquired elite visa application form and coloured photo for proof are the basic requirements in the issuance of the Visa. The evidence of the family member if applying any of them will be required as well.
Depending on the scheme that the applicant chooses, the annual fee and the down payment for obtaining the Thai Elite Visa is different. Most of them are renewable after every five years and come with a one-year extension. The complete details of the different types of Thai Elite Visa are available at the official website of the Thai Embassy.
The processing period depends on the immigration status and criminal record to acquire the Elite card and then issuing the Visa after delivering the annual fee. The processing of Thai Elite Visa takes on average from one to two months, and it’s pretty readily available for businessmen.
The processing of the Visa is quite simple that is you have to
- Application for the membership along with documents
- Verification and background check.
- Membership ID issuance after transferring the fee
- Issuance of VIsa and obtaining from the embassy or upon arrival in Thailand
The benefits of the Thai Golden Visa basically provide residence by investment. The benefits of the Thai Golden Visa are:
- 24 hour Visa assistance
- Fast track of immigration and passport control
- VIP greeting and escort on arrival and departure to the airport
- Government alliance for business networking and immigration services
- Helping with facilitation of Driver’s license and bank account in Thailand
- Availability of discounted products at duty-free shops.
The Thai Embassy has given access to many foreigners for work and investment. While acquiring citizenship in Thailand, you may claim to spread and increase the network of your business, help in the foreign economics in the investment of Thailand, and enjoy your vacations luxuriously at a reduced cost. There are similar program in UAE Golden visa and The Philippines retirement visa SRRV too.