Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh, is home to many famous restaurants. From popular fast-food chain restaurants to roadside food stalls, this vibrant city has everything in between. People in Dhaka lead a very busy lifestyle and spend most of their time away from home. And amidst their everyday busy lives, the famous restaurants in Dhaka play a significant role in turning on their moods with delicious cuisines and a peaceful ambience.
As I always say, Bangladesh is an underrated tourist destination. Even after having a plethora of beautiful tourist attractions, this country lags behind in attracting a significant number of tourists. But travellers who come to visit the country have always loved Bangladeshi cuisines. And the credit entirely goes to the hard-working restaurant owners who serve the best dishes on their restaurant’s menu.
Almost every famous restaurant in Dhaka has something different to offer. Some have beautiful interiors, some have outstanding exterior, and the others have cuisines that will keep pulling you back to their restaurants. Some restaurants also have personalised menus that have their very own recipes, which you won’t find in any other restaurant. You might be already impatient to know about the most famous restaurants in Dhaka so let me not test your patience anymore.
The 15 Famous Restaurants in Dhaka
1. Chef’s Table Courtside
Chef’s Table Courtside is a food court located in Dhaka. It is famous for its quiet environment. There is a mini-park, football court, playing zone for children, and seating area at the site.
Around 35 popular food chains like Pizza Guy, CRISP, El Dorado, Chittagong bulls etc., serve food here. The food quality is great, but the cost is a bit high. But overall, it’s a great place to visit because of its calm surroundings. You can visit this place with your friends and family, arrange parties, and click some good pictures.
- United City, Madani Avenue (Near United International University) 1212 Dhaka
- Sunday – Thursday | 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Friday – Saturday | 08:00 am – 11:00 pm
TakeOut is a very famous restaurant in Dhaka that is mainly popular for its burgers. This restaurant serves lip-smacking delicious fast food. The price of their burgers ranges from 245 BDT to 450 BDT. And I think it offers yummy burgers at a reasonable price. There are six branches of TakeOut in Dhaka.
- TakeOut Banani: Abedin tower (1st Floor),35 Kemal Ataturk Avenue, Banani, Dhaka-1213
- TakeOut Uttara: PohorDanga (3rd floor),17 Sonargaon Janapath,Secto-13,Uttara Model Town,Dhaka 1230
- TakeOut Dhanmondi: 736 Rangs KB Square, Level -3, Road-9/A, Satmosjid Road, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1209
- TakeOut Ramna: Punak Complex,26/1(opposite to holy family hospital), Level-1, shaheed captain Monsur Ali Sharani, Ramna, Dhaka 1205
- TakeOut Mirpur: Sagufta RM centre,Level-G,Plot-16 and 17,Section-7,Mirpur 11,Dhaka 1216
- Jamuna future Park: Jamuna Future Park (L-5),Centre Court,Shop-5A-004,KA-244,Kuril,Progoti Shoroni,Vatara,Dhaka-1229
- Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, and Friday | 11:30 am – 10:00 pm
- Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday | 09:00 am – 10:00 pm
3. Kabab Factory
Kabab Factory, popular for its Barbeque dishes, serves one of the best kebabs. For starters, they have different types of soups and salads on their menu. But the main attraction on their menu is their Reshmi Kabab, Bihari Kabab and Afghan Kabab. This restaurant also has a beautiful ambience and a comfortable seating area.
- House 14, Lake Drive Road Sector 7 Uttara, Dhaka
- Monday – Friday | 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Saturday | 10:00 am – 11:00 pm
4. Baton Rouge Restaurants
Baton Rouge is a buffet-style restaurant that serves 101 dishes and can accommodate around 450 people. So, you can definitely assume that it has a large seating area. It has both local and international cuisines on its menu. You can make reservations for a seminar, workshops, private/corporate meetings and conferences.
- 7th Floor, Gulshan Pink City Shopping Centre, 15 Gulshan Ave, Dhaka-1212
I couldn’t find any information about the opening hours of Baton Rouge. But I’m giving their contact number so that you can call them and find out their timing.
Contact Number: +880 18228 33877
5. The Green Lounge
The Green Lounge is not only a famous restaurant in Dhaka but also the largest rooftop restaurant in the city. If you are looking for a unique dining experience far from the chaotic city life, The Green Lounge is the place for you. The restaurant has a beautiful interior decorated with plants and bamboo that will give you a refreshing experience. It has a bbq and multi-cuisine buffet on the menu.
- 18th Floor, Rupayan Trade Center 114 Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue, Banglamotor, Dhaka
- Everyday | 12:00 pm – 10:00 pm
6. The Atrium Restaurant
One of the most famous restaurants in Dhaka, The Atrium Restaurant, has been offering delicious Thai and Indian food to its customers for more than a generation. It has a serene garden and calm interiors that give an unparalleled dining experience. They have four buffet menus, and the lowest one starts at 800 BDT. You can also customise the menu and include/exclude items as per your choice.
- 50 & 52 Pragati Avenue, J Block, Baridhara, Dhaka
- Everyday | 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Everyday | 6:00 pm – 10.30 pm
7. Pizza Guy
Pizza Guy is a great pizza place in Dhaka, serving a huge variety of pizza. They have four branches available throughout Dhaka city. So, I think it is a perfect place to satisfy your pizza cravings.
- Chef’s Table, Level 2, Road 90, Gulshan 2, Dhaka-1212
- Chef’s Table, Rd No. 11A, Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1205
- Chef’s Table Courtside, United City, Madani Avenue (Near United International University), Dhaka-1212
- House 1113, Road 17, Block I Bashundhara Residential Area Bashundhara, Dhaka-1229
- Level 7, Mirpur DOHS Shopping Complex, Mirpur DOHS, Mirpur, Dhaka-1216
- Saturday – Thursday | 11:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Friday | 2:00 pm – 11:00 pm
8. Herfy Bangladesh
Herfy is a major fast-food restaurant chain in Saudi Arabia that has many branches throughout the world. It also has its branches in Bangladesh. So, Herfy Bangladesh is a famous fast food restaurant in Dhaka.
It has around 17 types of burgers, wraps, salads, chicken wings, rice meals, ice creams, shakes, drinks and mocktails on the menu. They have four signature burgers- Angus Burger, Super Angus, Turkish Burger, and Super Fish Fillet that you won’t find in any other restaurant in Bangladesh. There are five branches of Herfy Bangladesh in Dhaka.
- Ground Floor, 1st Floor, 1 Gulshan Avenue, Road-1, House-1, GL Bhaban, Dhaka-1212
- 52, Ground Floor, Tower, Plot, 52 Rd No. 11, Dhaka-1213
- 29 Gausul Azam Avenue, Uttara, Dhaka-1230
- Plot – 2, Ground Floor, Road – 11, 11 Block #C, Dhaka-1216
- Plot No: 38/2, Road No. 16 (New), 27 (Old), Dhanmondi R/A, Dhaka-1205
- Saturday – Wednesday | 12:00 pm – 01:00 am
- Thursday – Friday | 12:00 pm – 02:00 am
9. Barcode Cafe
For foodies who are in search of a yummy variety of cuisines and a great environment to spend time in, Barcode Cafe is the perfect go-to place. Barcode Cafe is one of my favourite ones among the famous restaurants in Dhaka.
It serves almost everything that a great restaurant should. And trust me when I say that the food quality of this restaurant is great. The menu of Barcode Cafe includes Grilled Squid Calamari, Fried Squid Calamari Rings, Jumbo Prawn Tempura, Honey Prawn, Garlic Prawn and many other interesting dishes as starters. And the restaurant that serves such lip-smacking starters is obviously a must-visit for every food lover.
If I start naming every item on the menu of this restaurant, I would probably need an entire day. So, all I can say is that Barcode Cafe has pizza, pasta, salad, chicken meal, seafood, beef meal, many personal specialities and beverages.
- Road 21, House 55/B, Block-B, Banani, Dhaka-1212
- Saturday – Monday | 12:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Friday | 10:00 am – 11:00 pm
10. Xindian Restaurant
Xindian Restaurant is an exclusive Chinese restaurant in Dhaka. It is one of the 9 X-group chain restaurants. It is also one of the oldest famous restaurants in Dhaka as it started its journey in 2003.
It offers Thai, Chinese and Cultural cuisines. This restaurant is also open to private function reservations.
- House 55, 55/A, Road 16 (new), 27 (old), Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1209
- Everyday | 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm, 06:00 pm – 10:30 pm
Bistro-E is a popular cafe and restaurant located in the heart of Dhaka city. Other than coffee and deli, it also serves lunch and dinner. It has both local and international cuisines on the menu.
There’s a versatile Clubroom attached to the restaurant. The Clubroom can be easily customised based on the corporate and entertainment needs of the customer.
- Bay’s Edgewater, 1st Floor, NE (N) 12, North Avenue, Gulshan 2, Dhaka-1212
- Sunday – Thursday(Breakfast) | 8:00 am – 11:30 am
- Friday, Saturday and Public Holidays(Brunch) | 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Everyday(Lunch and Dinner) | 12:00 pm – 11:00 pm
12. Pan Tao Thai Cuisine
Pan Tao is a Thai culinary delight that serves the best authentic Thai cuisine in all of Bangladesh. The restaurant has a distinctive atmosphere and offers mouth-watering food.
It is also open to private parties and corporate functions. Even though their food items are a bit costly, the quality of the food and ambience of the restaurant suffice it.
- House # 42, Road # 12, Banani Block E, Dhaka-1213
- Everyday | 12:00 pm – 10:45 pm
Khana’s is a Bangladeshi fast-food company that started its journey in 2015. In fact, it is the first Bangladeshi Restaurant chain specialising in fast food. There are 6 outlets of Khana’s scattered all over Dhaka.
Khana’s predominantly serves sub-sandwiches, potato wedges, various types of chicken, and cold coffee. But it also has yummy cross burgers, shakes and hot beverages on the menu.
If you ever decide to visit this restaurant, don’t forget to try their famous cold coffee. And yes, the prices are reasonable and the food quality is excellent.
- Hazi Abdul Latif Mansion 9/KA, Manson, R/A, Ka-9 Bashundhara Rd, Dhaka-1229
- 397/B Malibagh Chowdhury Para Road, Shahid Baki Rd, Dhaka-1219
- 24 Rd No 10B, Dhaka-1230
- House No. Y, 8 Noorjahan Rd, Dhaka-1207
- House: 146/D(Old), 42(New), Road, 2 Satmasjid Road, Dhaka-1207
- Block C, Avenue 5, Dhaka-1216
- Saturday – Thursday | 11.00 am – 10.30 pm
- Friday | 3.00 pm – 10:30 pm
14. Samdado Japanese Cuisine
From the name, you might have already guessed that Samdado offers Japanese cuisine. It is the most promising Japanese restaurant in Dhaka.
Here you will find delicious Japanese food items like Soba, Udon, Tempura, Sushi, Sashimi, etc. This restaurant also has a beautiful interior and excellent service quality. Whether you are a Japanese food lover or you want to try Japanese cuisine for the first time, your visit to Samdado Japanese Cuisine is a must.
- Gulshan-2 House # 27, Road # 35, Dhaka-1212
- Everyday | 12:00 pm – 10:30 pm
15. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf is an international coffee and tea company that has its outlet in Dhaka too. This cafe serves around 22 varieties of coffee and 20 types of tea. It also offers breakfast, gourmet and bakery items. It has a relaxing environment and is a lovely place to hang out.
- Plot #11A Road #117 Gulshan-2, Dhaka-1212
- Sunday – Wednesday | 08:00 am – 12:00 am
- Thursday – Saturday | 08:00 am – 01:00 am
Bonus- Taste of Lanka
The first Sri Lankan restaurant in Bangladesh, Taste of Lanka offers an exquisite taste of Sri Lankan cuisine. Most restaurants serve Thai, Chinese, and many other international cuisines. But there’s no restaurant in Bangladesh that serves Sri Lankan cuisine other than Taste of Lanka. This restaurant lets you experience the true taste of authentic Lankan cuisine sitting in an ecstatic ambience.
- Rangs Pearl, House 76, Road 12, 7th Floor, Banani, Dhaka-1213
- Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Wednesday | 12 pm – 10:30 pm
- Tuesday | 12:00 pm – 3:30 pm
- Thursday, Friday | 12:00 pm – 11:00 pm
I have mentioned some of the most famous restaurants in Dhaka that are extremely loved by the locals. As Dhaka is a big city with an area of 306.4 km², there’s no guess on the number of restaurants the city holds. So obviously, the number of most famous restaurants in Dhaka isn’t limited to these 15. But these are the best 15 restaurants in Dhaka, and there’s no doubt about that.
Have you ever visited any of these restaurants? If you are a local, you might have visited more than one. And if you are an international tourist planning your visit to Bangladesh, I would request you to check out at least one of these famous restaurants in Dhaka during your visit. Whether you are local or international, don’t forget to share your experience of these famous restaurants in Dhaka with me.