Bus to Cameron Highland from kl is a scenic road. It’s pretty popular among Malaysians as well as international tourists. Cameron highland is a bombarding tourist spot because of the jungle trekking, cool weather, farms, tea gardens, and English architecture.
It’s quite enjoyable during November as fall is the best time to visit. To avoid the comparingly hot weather in Kuala Lumpur, tourists gather from February to April.
The perfect weekend getaway or a place to spend quality time with your family, the excitement of planning a trip to the country’s most famous tea plantation is unrivalled.
Public bus to Cameron Highland from K.L.
The between Kuala Lumpur to Cameron highland is 210 KM. Bus to Cameron Highland from K.L. is the best travel option. Many bus lines are daily available from the Terminal Beserapedu Selatan Bus Station. The whole journey by bus will take you around 4 hours to 5 hours, including the time at the stops along the road.
Daily Bus Service: 6 Buses depart from the TBS bus terminal during a whole day
Earliest bus departure: 6:00 AM
Last bus departure: 5:00 PM
Cheapest tickets: 22.5RM
Kuala Lumpur Airport to Cameron Highland
Buses are available to the TBS bus terminal from KLIA1 and KLIA2, and from there, you can get a connecting bus to Cameron Highland. Or, you can decide to spend one or two days exploring the capital. Then, visit the Cameron highland.
Bus details (duration, price)
Ticket Price: The bus tickets generally cost around RM 35. If you are planning a weekend trip, it’s always convenient to book earlier as there is an increase in tourists at the weekend.
Ticket booking: Plenty of online ticket booking options are available. The popular bus operators on this route are C.S. Travel & tours( Amudi Express), Pahang Ling Siong, Unititi Express, and Perak Transit Express. You can book in advance through online sites like Bookingonline.com. There are varying pick-up locations and drop locations depending on the bus service you choose.
Pick up locations you can choose:
- Pekeliling Bus Terminal
- Terminal Beserapedu Seletan
Drop off location:
Tanah Rat Bus Terminal ( terminal freesia)
How to Book the tickets online?
Step 1: Go to the online ticket booking search box in above or in the right side here and check timings.
Step 2: Select the seats and no of the tickets you want to purchase.
Step 3: Fill up necessary passenger details and details of travel insurance if applicable for you.
Step 4: In most cases, refundable booking options are available.
Step 5: Pay & Finalise
How to plan your journey to Cameron highland?
The best scenic spot to plan your weekend trip in Malaysia is the hill station Cameron Highland. And why won’t you? The lush tea garden, farms and tourist attractions can let you have a perfect day for yourself or with your loved ones. Here is how to plan it.
Tips while planning:
- Book your bus tickets in advance.
- For international tourists, carrying medical travel insurance is a must.
- Comfortable clothing to enjoy the pleasant weather.
- Travel during November or off-peak season.
- Avoid school holidays.
- Research the weather and trails before the trip.
- Pack all types of clothing as it is warm in the daytime, but the temperature drops at night.
The Cameron Highland travel cost:
The hotels in Cameron highland costs around RM 90 ot RM 1000+ per night. A.C. double bedrooms with free wifi and other facilities start from 120 RM per night. Airbnb rooms around there come around RM 95-RM 250 per night.
But cheaper accommodations are available.
- Budget hotels for a non-ac room with a shared bathroom and kitchen facilities cost around RM 65-RM 90.
- Campgrounds with free wifi, bbq pit, and shared bathroom cost around RM15-RM40 per night.
Pre-plan your stay at Cameron highland, either a hotel, hostel or camp. Visit booking.com to find your lodging in the Cameron Highlands.
If you plan on going around the city for hiking or a solo backpacking trip, spend time hiking. Get bicycles or buses to go around the city. Spending RM 100 to RM 150 per day will cost if you choose cheap accommodation and you can backpack comfortably.
You will find Malay restaurants 3-star restaurants around Tanah Rata and in Brinchang. You will also find Asian cafes serving delicious food. You will find plenty of halal rice and noodle dishes with seafood and fish preparations. Also, the street foods are as cheap as RM 6-RM 10 only.
How to get around Cameron Highland?
- Bus: THough the transport options are limited, shuttle bus rides to a tea plantation and the main attraction from the freesia bus terminal are available.
- Rented taxi: Taking a taxi is quite economical and also hassle-free. Most taxi- drivers offer fixed rates to drive up to the tree plantation and the main attractions.
Transportation Cost: The bus to Cameron highland from K.L. will cost around RM 22.5 to RM 35. You can either rent a bike or taxi to get around the city. Renting a car will cost you around RM 85 to RM 100 per day.
Tours around Cameron highland:
You can find local tour operators or enquire in your hotel lobby to arrange your tour. You can also book tours online. The tour provides hiking in the mossy forest of Gunung Birchang, a hill forest walk, a tour to the BOH tea plantation, local farms and a nature walk on the coral hill.
The tours generally last for 7 hours and cost around 100 RM per person. Private tours will cost four to six times more, depending on the tour operator. Public tours are pretty satisfying if you just have a day.
Popular and Off-beat attractions in Cameron highland:
For a more relaxed and unwinding experience, it is best to stay at least two to three nights and chill for yourself. Here are a few things and activities to do for a 2-3 day visit to Cameron highland.
The most popular attraction is the tea estate, moss hill, Sam Poh temple, and the time tunnel museum. You can visit the main tourist points in a day, but here is the complete list for a chill-out vacation.
- See the stunning vista across the lush green boh tea plantation.
- Pay a visit to the fourth largest temple in Malaysia, Sam Poh Temple.
- Climb mountain Brinchang to explore the fundamental hilly part of the Cameron highlands. Hike through the forest by driving up the trail, and you will see wildflowers on your way. The observation tower offers a splendid view of the mountain.
- Visit the local Rose farm to unwind and feel refreshes among the fragrance flowers and enjoy flower festivals in seasons.
- Explore the local farms, e.g. rose farms, cactus farms, and lavender farms and enjoy the in-house products. The lavender farm has lavender ice cream. The strawberry firm offers an experience of picking berries and tasting treats like juice, ice cream, fresh berries,
- Visit the honeybee firms. The three large honeybee firms are Highlands Apiary firm in Ringlet, Ee Fengu Bee Firm in Brinchang, and Cameron Tringkap Bee firm. Experience seeing the bee nest, honey extraction process and scenic flower gardens.
- Take a trek along with jungle trail number 9; you will find Robinson waterfalls at the end. Enjoy a peaceful, tranquil afternoon there.
- Visit the village side for a day to explore the scenic villages.
- Tour Pasar Palam Night and Pasar Pagi morning markets for fresh farm produce.
- Explore the time tunnel museum to know the history and evolving culture of Cameron highlands from the early years. The museum is filled with an avid private collection of See Kok Shan.
- Visit the Mah Meri Art Gallery. The splendid and unique collection of wood carvings of Carrey island indigenous mah meri people is quite intriguing. The curvatures and the sculptures have the seal of UNESCO heritage.
Cameron Highland gets a tourist influx in all seasons. It is a popular destination for school trips, summer vacations, and family trips. Cameron highland is a must-visit for a Malaysia trip for international tourists. The hill station in Penang is the embodiment of tranquillity and peace.
- Is it safe to travel to Cameron highland now?
Since Malaysia is receiving international tourists and the covid surge is almost low, it is safe to travel while maintaining protocol.
- Where is better accommodation Tanah Rata or Brinchang?
As you reach Cameron highland through Tanah Rata Bus terminal, it is closer and has better facilities than Brinchang. 3-star hotels, two money exchange offices, and restaurants nearby make Tanah Rata an ideal accommodation.
- Why is the weather cold in Cameron highland?
Located in the highlands of Penang, the area is elevated 1448meters from sea level. The weather is more excellent than in the surrounding regions and the nights get chilly.
- What are the economical travel options to Cameron Highland?
The best way to get to Cameron Highland is to either rent a car. You can drive by Simpang Pulai road or by the Tapah toll exit 132. And, if you want public transport take the bus to Cameron Highland from K.L. central. There are plenty. Plus, it’s economical and time-saving.
Disclosure: Please keep in mind that some of the above links are affiliate links. As a result, when you make a purchase, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. The price remains the same for you, and in some cases is even lower if we have negotiated a special deal for our readers. We use all of the companies listed here, which is why they're on this list, but we also need to keep The Simple Travel Blog running as smoothly as possible, which is exactly what you're doing if you buy or book something through an affiliate link! If you have any further questions about the companies we work with or any other companies you're considering, please email us, and we'll be happy to assist. For more information, please see our full disclaimer page.