When starting the journey of a lifetime with your partner, a honeymoon should be permeated with romantic memories that will infuse like sugar in the tea of love. Whether you are an adrenaline junkie or a nature lover or long for pristine beaches with colourful chaos, India has it all.
If you are an Indian looking for a honeymoon destination or a foreigner trying to travel to this splendid country, the best honeymoon destinations in India are located in different geographical locations.
Among Indian couples, many prefer the small and beautiful Himalayan hill stations as their honeymoon destinations. This tropical country has more to offer, such as sandy desserts, lush green states, pristine beaches with crystal water; this tropical country has it all because of its varying landscape.
Here are our top picks for you to the best honeymoon destination for you in India, covering most of the states.
One of the most exotic places and the best honeymoon destinations in India is Leh-Ladakh. Amidst the paradisical mountains, valleys, and lakes, you can plan your dreamy honeymoon. Leh-Ladakh trips are generally can be visited within 5 nights and 6 days.
- Visit the Pangong Tso lake to enjoy the beauty of the lake with the mesmerizing mountain ranges.
- Enjoy rafting at the world’s highest river rafting point at the confluence of the Indus and Zanskar rivers.
- Visit the amazingly snowy and beautiful Khardungla Pass and Changla pass by driving.
- You will be thrilled to visit the highest national park, Hemis National Park.
- Experience the physics phenomenon at Magnetic hill, where the car automatically moves upwards for a thrilling experience with your loved one.
- Visit the most important landmarks like the Hall of fame, Gurudwara Pathar Sahib, Shanti Stupa with your partners and the beautiful monasteries like Thiksey Monastery Spituk Monastery.
- Experience the awestruck scenic beauty at the Nubra Valley with its scenic vistas, orchards and Bacterian camels while making a memory of a lifetime.
Days required: 5 nights 6 days
Cost-effectivity: High: 50,000 to 70,000 INR
How to reach: There are two ways to reach Leh by car, starting from Srinagar in Jammu or from Manali in Himachal Pradesh by road. There is another option of Flight to Leh Kushok Nakula Rimpochee airport.
Paradise On Earth: Kashmir-Srinagar trip:
What’s a better place to start your companionship of life other than the magical mountains and paradisical state of Jammu and Kashmir. The magnificence yet simplicity of Kashmir is perfect for you lovebirds.
Jammu and Kashmir are often referred to as Jannat or paradise because of their magnificent mountain ranges, valleys, orchards, unique Kashmiri cuisine, and one of India’s popular honeymoon destinations.
- Take a ride on the shikaris on Dal Lake with your spouse.
- Enjoy boat rides at Nagin Lake and dal Lake.
- Go around sightseeing around the picturesque city of Srinagar in Shalimar Bag, Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden to spend romantic time together.
- Visit the unearthly beauty of Sonmarg and Gulmarg and let the love grow as you travel to one of the highest valleys on the earth.
- Take a long walk with your partner in the enticing Deodar and Pine Forest of Kishtwar.
- Get lost in the lush green Aru and Beetab valley of Pahalgam. At the same time, visiting Pahalgam trek to Kohli glacier to get enticed by the scenery together.
- Visit the unmatched natural beauty of Manasbal lake and enjoy birdwatching.
Days required: 6 Nights 7 Days
Cost-effectivity: High 70,000 to 80,000INR
How to reach: Most major cities are connected by flights to Srinagar. There is also the option of travelling by train to Udhampur Railway station.
Mesmerizing Shimla-Manali Tour:
One of the most admired and best honeymoon destinations in India is Shimla-Manali. If you are trying to get lost in the lofty mountains, beautiful romantic hill station, trekking trails for a week or ten days, Shimla and Manali is the most suitable honeymoon destination for you.
Where all the lovebirds nestle in the months of winter Shimla offers woods with trekking trails, incredible Himalayan viewpoints and snowfall in winter, skiing resorts. With English colonial influence mixed with the scenic beauty of nature, Shimla is one of the best honeymoon destinations in India.
The best time to go to Shimla is from October to March, and here are some recommendations to best experience in Shimla. Visit the mall road under the ridge, the cafes on mall road and plan a romantic dinner at one of the restaurants.
See the Scandal point at the intersection of Mall Road and the ridge.
Feel the historical vibe and immerse in the culture at the Gaiety Theatre.
Have a wonderful time trekking together outdoors and visiting the Wildlife Zoo house at Kufri, 20km away from Shimla.
Witness a colourful sunset on one of the scenic views of greenery and mountains from summer hill together before you leave Shimla.
Full of mystic beauty, a romantic atmosphere, and fantastic weather, Manali is one of the most popular honeymoon destinations. Some romantic activities and adventures you might like in Manali are:
Take a holy dip in the Vashisht hot spring together, where the warmth of the gushing water will be helpful.
Drench your feet in the Jogini waterfalls after a short trek together in the Kullu valley.
Pay a visit to the Hidimba temple, the temple of the mythological character from Mahabharata.
Take a walk hand in hand in the Van Vihar, where you will enjoy nature in its completion phase.
Get a glimpse of nature’s wilderness in the Himalayan habitat in the Manali Wildlife Sanctuary.
Days required: 6 nights 7 Days
Cost-effectivity: Medium INR 30,000 to 40,000
How to Reach: Shimla is connected by the major railway stations in India. The nearest board gauge rail station is Kalka, from where you can pre-arrange a car to Shimla, which is 89 km away.
Heaven of corals: Andaman and Nicobar:
With crystal blue water scenic beaches, Andaman Island is the perfect romantic gateway and one of the best honeymoon destinations in India. Costing of Andaman and Nicobar packages ranges from 30,000 INR to 60, 000 INR.
Divine islands, Port Blair, with the historic cellular jail, museums and luxury islands, adventurous sports activities, Andaman Nicobar is the tropical paradise for new couples.
If you are planning your honeymoon in spring or fall, that is the months of October, November, or May to March, Andam is perfect to enjoy water sports, a romantic beach atmosphere and excursions with your spouse.
While planning your honeymoon in the Andaman Nicobar, you can plan it a few different ways and enjoy the heavenly romantic gateway.
- See the Andaman cellular jail, visit the Samudrika Marine Museum, and finish your day on port blair by the breathtaking sunset views on Chidiya Tapu.
- Spending a relaxing honeymoon on luxury resorts in Havelock or Neil Island and enjoying beach walks, scuba and memorable sunsets.
- Enjoy enthralling water activities in Ross Island, scuba, and see the clear corals underwater.
- Spend romantic time together on exotic beaches like Elephant beach, Kalapathar beach.
Days required: 3nights 4 Days to cover the main sights
Cost-effectivity: medium range: INR 50,000 to 70,000
How to Reach: You can reach the Veer Savarkar International airport in Port Blair. Port Blair is also connected through a shipping route to the ports of Vishakhapattanam, which takes almost 3 days to travel.
Rajasthan Desert Trip: Jaipur-Udaipur:
Do you enjoy visiting historical sites and exploring new destinations? Would you love to spend a few days in the desert? If so, a Rajasthan Desert Trip: Jaipur-Udaipur is for you!
Visiting the desert and the pink city, Jaipur and enjoying your honeymoon nights in royal lodgings in the city of forts is one of the best things you can do to romanticize your relationship during the start of your marriage. Jaipur, Udaipur are two of the best honeymoon destinations in India, and the trip will take around 7 to 10 days.
- Get enchanted with the history and royal stories of the colourfully chaotic city and visit the famous tourist attractions like City Palace Amer Fort.
- Visit the Palace of Winds or Hawa Mahal, where you will be awestruck by the unique architecture of the palace with 935 windows and the Indo architectural styles.
- Have a romantic dinner at the restaurant Padao in Nahargarh Fort in the Aravalli hills while enjoying the panoramic view of the city from the hilltop.
- Stay in the chowk Dhani Village or spend an eventful evening there exploring traditional dances music and enjoying Rajasthani cuisine.
- Visit the partially submerged Jal Mahal in the Man Sagar Lake, where only the fourth and fifth floor is above the water and has a great romantic ambience.
The city booming with love, Udaipur honeymoon trip will be royal and full of memories for the years to come.
- Feel the royalty passed down from generation to generation as you visit the City Palace with royal architecture and see the beautiful clear water of Lake Pichola.
- In Kodiyat, Visit the Sajjan Garh Palace, a serene royal palace at a hilltop.
- Spend some romantic time with your spouse at the Saheli ki Maidan or the Garden of Maidens.
- Filled with luxury vintage cars, Udaipur’s Vintage car museum is one of the great places you can visit.
- Take an evening stroll at the Gulab bagh at the Bapu Bazar Road.
- Have a funfilled boat riding experience at the Fateh Sagar Lake, enjoying the tranquillity with your spouse.
Days required: 4 Nights 5 Days
Cost-effectivity: Low budget (depends on the accommodation) 30,000 INR to 40,000INR
How to Reach: Jaipur is a well-connected city; you can get overnight buses from Delhi, Ranchi, Kolkata and also Jaipur Railway Station is connected by express trains all over India.
Enjoying some alone time with your spouse on the hilltop and some of the highest towns in the world will surely make your intimate honeymoon more special; one of the most famous honeymoon trips in India, the Darjeeling-Kalimpong-Karseong trip, will give you a thrilling experience.
The tour will include tea estates, views of Himalayan peaks, monastery, scenic road trips and an up-close adventurous thrill in the wilderness.
- Start your day by seeing the mesmerizing sunshine on Kanchenjunga from Tiger hill.
- Enjoy the breathtaking views of the Batasia Loop and Ghoom monastery while you enjoy the toy-train ride.
- Enjoy some time in between the locals and some intimate time together at the Rock Garden.
- Explore old cafes, souvenir shops and famous tea shops around the mall and spend a fun evening there.
- Travel a day to the panoramic mirik lake with crystal clear water and serene surroundings. You can take some time to stroll around and enjoy activities like horse riding.
- Visit some wildlife at the Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park and HMI to get familiar with the enriching history of mountaineering in one of the oldest mountaineering institutes in India.
Kalimpong is just 21 km away from Darjeeling, which takes about 1 and a half hours by road. This picturesque hill station is worth the ride to spend great moments with your partner.
- Spend some time at the greenery of Delolo hills and enjoy horse riding with the backdrops of Himalayan peaks with your spouse.
- Get a glimpse of the rare and vast variety of cactuses and plants at the pine view nursery. Visit the Zhong Dhong Palri Fo Brang Monastery in Durpin hill for some quiet moments.
- And, to finish off, visit the Thongsa Gumpha.
Another small yet magical hill station situated at the foothill of the Himalayas, Kurseong, is another place you shouldn’t miss while planning your trip to Darjeeling and nearby. Get up in the watchtower Eagle’s Crag for a tranquil ambience and a great view of the Himalayan range.
Visit the Dear Park or the Dow Hill Eco Park to gaze at some colourful flora and fauna. Kurseong can be the perfect ending to your honeymoon before you get back to your daily schedule.
Days required: 6 Nights 7 Days
Cost-effectivity: Medium budget (30,000 INR to 40,000 INR)
How to Reach: You can reach New Jalpaiguri station, which is connected by express trains all over India. From NJP, you have to reach Darjeeling by road.
Complete Kerala: Munnar- Kochi -Kovalam -Allapey:
Kerala is undoubtedly one of the states in India that gives you the sub-tropical vibe because of its backwaters, network of canals and beaches with picturesque palm trees. Here are the top locations in Kerala as the best honeymoon destinations in India.
The Venice of the East Alleppey is one of the magical, charming places a couple can visit during a honeymoon. Touring in its networking canals of Laccadeep sea, enjoying houseboat rides in the backwaters, tasting traditional drinks, Alleppey is the most fun place filled with nature and chaos for a couple. Allepey is hands-down one of the highest-selling honeymoon destinations in India by statistics.
Paces & Activities in Alleppey:
Alappuzha beach & lighthouse
AmbalPuzha Krishna Temple
Kayaking & Canoeing
Alleppey bicycle trips
A small yet pristine honeymoon destination is a small hill station with a green tea estate. Munnar is an excellent gateway in nature where you can spend the dreamy holiday with the clouds on the top of a Western ghat in the Background.
With the charming hills with lush green vegetation and enchanting waterfalls mixed with the pleasant weather, Munnar is one of the serene honeymoon destinations in India in Winter. The temperature in winter is around 10 to 12 degrees celsius in Munnar.
Top Tourist places in Munnar are
Eravikulam National Park
The “Queen of Arabian Sea“, port city Kochi is one of India’s greatest cities and honeymoon destinations where the sea breeze mixed with the colonial remains and influence of merchants from mainly Portuguese is apparent. The top tourist places to visit in Kochi are.
- Cherai beach,
- Hill palace museum,
- Mattancherry Palace,
- Paradesi Synagogue,
- Fort Kochi Beach,
- Santa Cruz Cathedral Basilica Fort.
Kochi is definitely one of the exotic cities to visit for your honeymoon. Here are the romantic things you can do in Kochi:
- Seeing performance in Kerala Kathakali Centre
- Enjoy food and shopping in LuLu mall
- Enjoying Wanderla Amusement Park
- Walk from St. Francis Church to Fort Kochi Beach
- Having coffee and enjoying paintings in David Hall gallery & cafe
Kovalam is one of the mesmerizing destinations in Kerala where love is in the air. In your Kerala honeymoon, you can include this beautiful beach town 13km southwest of Thiruvananthapuram. Other than visiting the lighthouse beach together exploring the town, you can engage in water sports activities like
- diving and water sports.
If you visit Kovalam, you are in a treat for exotic palm-lined beaches, e.g., Samudra beach, Hawa beach, Kovalam beach, Adimalathura beach with gorgeous scenarios.
A few of India’s most splendid honeymoon destinations are located in Karnataka & Tamil Nadu. You can set your itinerary to enjoy the glamorous nightlife and the natural beauty of hills and tranquil nature in a trip the first itinerary is just right for.
And couples trying to enjoy the beauty of the architectural structures, remains and see the beautiful sunsets can choose the following itinerary.
Here are the romantic activities in each destination for you lovebirds.
Try freshly brewed drinks, enjoy the pub’s restaurants with your spouse and sightsee top tourist places, e.g., Bangalore Palace Lalbagh Botanical Garden, on the first day of your trip. The IT hub of India is a great start for your honeymoon in Karnataka.
In the busy city of start-ups,
- royal palaces like Bangalore Palace, Botanical gardens (Lalbagh Botanical Garde, Bannerghatta Botanical Garden),
- Architectural and official buildings (Karnataka Vidhan Soudha, Tipu Sultan Summer Palace) are some of the must-visit places for couples.
This resort town and “Queen of Hills” in the Western Ghats is blessed with natural splendour. As you visit the wildfires at Mudumalai National Park with your partner, the main attraction of Ooty, you will be captivated by the unique sound of the voices in the wind hitting the hills.
Enjoy the scenarios of tea and coffee plantations, and make sure to put aside some time in your itinerary for the Nilgiri mountain railway while visiting the queen of honeymoon destinations in India.
Visit one of India’s most blissful romantic destinations; Coorg will give you memories and viewpoints like Abbey Falls, Tadainamole Peak, Raja’s seat for awesome pictures together.
The “Princess of Hill Stations” Kodaikanal will make you fall in love with your partner in a new way as it presents itself with the gorgeous Silver Cascade Falls, boat ride in star-shaped Kodai Lake. Make memories while trekking to Pillar rocks. and visit the splendid Bryant Park
If you and your spouse are enthusiasts about architecture and temples, this trip will be a perfect gateway. You can enjoy nature some iconic architectural structures and have a romantic trip together. The Hampi-Chikmagalurr-Udupi trip will take around a week, and here is how you can romanticize your trip.
- You have to start your trip by arriving at Hyderabad and then transferring to Udupi to start your trip.
- Visit Malpe beach where you can enjoy surfing.
- Enjoy wildlife and relax at the Endpoint, enjoying the scenic views.
- Get lost for some time in the splendour of nature of the waves gushing against the geological basalt rock formation and enjoy a great time.
- Enjoy the sunset and walk together barefoot on the white sandy beach at either Maravanthe beach or Kapu beach.
This beautiful hill station with a coffee plantation is a must-visit for unclouded happiness amidst nature. Here is the must-to-do list for couples at Chikmagalur.
- Feel the air and the clouds within reach after trekking together to the peak of Mullayangiri.
- Feel the outdoor and the natural beauty through the jungle path as you walk towards Jhungri, one of the most beautiful water cascades in the region.
- Visit the serenity of the Hirekolale lake with the backdrop of mountains and enjoy moments of quietness with your partner.
Lush green covering peaks of the Deccan Plateau, waterfalls and the mystical mountains offer a perfect weekend honeymoon destination in Chikmagalur.