Are you tired of your daily monotonous routine? And craving for some fresh air and a green environment? Well, then pack your bags and take a short weekend retreat amidst nature by camping.
City life gives us a modern way of living, but sometimes we need a small break from this stereotypical life and escape from it. In that case, nature is the best place to hide. And of course, camping is the best way to enjoy nature. Fortunately, Malaysia is blessed with rich natural landscapes, and there’s no shortage of tropical beauty.
In this article, you will discover the 15 best campsites in Selangor. So, get ready to pitch your tent under the stars or spend a night in an eco-friendly resort.
1. Sungai Congkak Recreational Forest
While searching for campsites in Selangor, the first-choice local people make is Sungai Congkak Recreational Forest. This park is located in a cool and hilly part of Hulu Langat with a significant ground for camping.
If you pitch your tent here, you will get to enjoy the verdant rainforest and, of course, a crystal-clear river with fresh water. Moreover, this park has ample facilities to offer you, such as restrooms, BBQ pits, and gazebos. You can also go car camping here as the ground is quite large.
The good news is you can pre-book your campsite and secure your camping area if you are going with a large group. And the best part is that you don’t have to pay prior for booking and only give the payment when you go camping there.
- Address: Batu 20, Jalan Sungai Congkak, Kampung Padang, 43100 Hulu Langat, Selangor
- Opening Hour: Daily, 24 hours
- Cost: RM10.00 (U$2.40) per tent
- Contact Number: +6019-399 8246
2. Sungai Chiling Waterfall
The Sungai Chilling is one of the most beautiful and spectacular waterfalls in Selangor and so perfect for camping. The main waterfall is placed within the Sungai Chilling Fish Sanctuary. People come here to enjoy their weekend and get some refreshments. It is one of the most picturesque campsites of Selangor and also ideal for a short trek.
This popular campsite has three separate vertical waterfalls with scenic views to set your base. The first and lower cascade of water is best for swimming as it is a bog water pool. In contrast, the third and uppermost section is ideal for setting down and having a camp.
You have to follow a trek for about 45-45 minutes and cross the river several times to get there.
- Address: Sungai Chiling Fish Sanctuary, 44000 Kuala Kubu Bharu, Selangor
- Opening Hour: 08:00 am to 06:00 pm (Friday to Sunday); Closed from Monday to Thursday
- Cost: RM4.00 (U$0.96) per tent
- Contact Number: +603-6064 1214
3. Kuala Selangor Nature Park
Kuala Selangor Nature Park is situated at the mouth of the Selangor River and is famous for its incredible scenic view. In this mangrove forest, you will get a chance to visit different types of flora and fauna.
By camping in this rainforest, you can enjoy the view of more than 150 species of birds. For a better experience, you can bring binoculars or a camera with focus lenses to capture this iconic view.
You will get plenty of space to set your camping tent. If you don’t want to bother yourself by stretching a tent or bringing all that camping stuff, that’s perfectly okay. Because here you can rent a chalet or a hut for a very reasonable price.
- Address: Jalan Klinik, Taman Alam, 45000 Kuala Selangor, Selangor
- Opening Hour: Daily 09:00 am to 06:00 pm
- Cost: RM4.00 (U$0.96) entrance fee per person, Contact for more information
- Contact Number: +603-3289 2294
4. Suara Rimba Chalet
Suara Rimba Chalet is located in a peaceful riverside area. Here you can only hear the sound of nature. At the chalet, you will feel that you’re in a quiet and peaceful village because the accommodations are very cosy and comfortable.
Not just Camping, you can also go fishing and swimming in the nearby river. Even barbecue is also available here to make your camping more enjoyable. The chalet rent is RM100.00 per person.
- Address: Tanah Rizab Asli, Sg Lopo, Pangsun Bt.21, 43100 Hulu Langat, Selangor
- Contact: 018-620 7437
5. Resort Taman Rimba Komanwel
Being part of the famous trio of forest parks, Taman Rimba Komanwel is surrounded by picturesque dense forest. Here you get to set your camping tent near a scenic pond that is suitable for water activities.
This camping site is the ideal place to unwind and recharge your energy. It offers you plenty of facilities, including clean washrooms, kitchen, prayer room, BBQ area, chalets and even a café with local delights.
Moreover, your camping days would not be dull in this place. Because here you can do various activities like trekking, hiking, jogging, exploring the waterfall, cycling, and swimming. Every moment of your camping would be adventurous and enjoyable at Taman Rimba Koman.
- Address: KM 23, Jalan Kuala Lumpur – Rawang Compartment 3, Lagong Forest Reserve, 48000 Rawang, Selangor
- Opening Hour: Daily 07:00 am to 07:00 pm
- Cost: RM50.00-80.00 (U$12.00-19.20) per tent
- Contact Number: +6012-276 1609
6. Sungai Pisang Waterfall
The main attraction of Sungai Pisang Waterfall campsite is its idyllic 28m-high waterfall. This camping site is located just off the Karak Highway from the city.
The Sungai Pisang Waterfall has two main routes, one will lead you to the waterfall’s base, and the other will take you to the camping ground. You have to make the journey by walking in shallow waters through giant tunnels.
The campsite is not so large, but enough for a group of 8 to 10 tents. All the camping sites are placed on higher ground, so you must scramble down a steep slope to reach the waterfall. Make sure you wear good hiking shoes or rubber shoes with an excellent grip to avoid falls and injuries.
- Address: 3, 13 Jalan Gombak, Jalan Gombak, Kampung Batu Dua Belas Gombak, 53100 Selangor
- Opening Hour: Daily, 08:00 am to 06:00 pm
- Cost: Contact for more information
- Contact Number: +603-6091 6131
7. Hammocks by the River
Located at Hulu Langat of Selangor, Hammock by the River is a fantastic place with relaxing natural birds chirping and water ripples. This campsite is surrounded by greens and water that will give you relief from city life and a flavour of the countryside.
This place is unique among all the camping sites in Selangor because it has specialised gurus to teach you survival skills. If you want to earn some unique experience, this camping site is ideal for you. You can learn about lighting fire, rope tying, cooking with fire in the wild, and so on.
- Address: Lot 617, Jalan Sungai Makau, Batu 14 Hulu Langat, 47310 Hulu Langat, Selangor
- Opening Hour: Daily 24 hours
- Cost: RM30.00 (U$7.20) per person tent, RM190.00 (U$45.6) for the whole camping package
- Contact Number: +6012-940 1174
8. The Nest at MAEPS Serdang
The Nest at MAEPS Serdang is an outdoor adventure and forest school. It provides a small camping ground just beside a beautiful lake. So, by camping here, you can enjoy nature and participate in the experiential learning programs.
Though it is an educational place, it has no classroom. Students will get a home-like environment and can learn in a fun and enjoyable way. If you are a student, this campsite is for you and your group of friends. You also have the option to camp here with your family.
The Nest also provides plenty of facilities, including washrooms, fire pits, and kitchen sinks. You will also get to do exciting archery, wilderness cooking, tree climbing, and more to make your camping enjoyable.
- Address: UPM, 43400 Seri Kembangan, Selangor
- Opening Hour: 10:00 am to 05:00 pm
- Cost: RM20.00 (U$4.80) per person tent; additional charges apply for activities.
- Contact Number: +6012-325 3198
9. Rumah Kebun Camping Ground
Nowadays, Rumah Kebun Camping Ground is very popular on social media. Special thanks to its Instagram-worthy azure blue pool that is fed by natural spring water. This exclusive camping ground is located at Hulu Langat, Selangor.
If you want to spend time close to nature, Rumah Kebun Camping Ground is an ideal spot to set up your camping tent. You can have tons of facilities here, including showers with hot water, changing area, BBQ pit with parasol, bonfire pit, power socket and many more.
Under Malaysia’s Recovery Movement Control Order(RMCO), instruction allows only eight guests per campsite. It is also recommended to bring your tent for camping. But if you don’t have any, they also provide tents for rent.
- Address: Kampung Sungai Semungkis, 43100 Hulu Langat, Selangor
- Opening Hour: Daily 09:00 am to 06:00 pm
- Cost: RM200.00-300.00 (U$48.00-72.00) per campsite
- Contact Number: +6019-222 4956
10. Hutlista 2
With the green nature and refreshing environment, Hutan Lipur Sungai Tua 2 (or Hutlista 2 for short) is one of the best campsites in Selangor. It is a recreational park, famous for camping with family and a group of friends.
This camping site has frequent places for camping by the side of the river. If you choose to stay overnight and pitch your tent here, you will get ample facilities and advantages at this campsite.
They provide washrooms, gazebos, and fire pits to enjoy BBQ. You can’t ignore taking pictures in this scenic view with the cool refreshing splash of the river stream.
- Address: Kem Hutan Lipur Sungai Tua Zon C / Hutlista 2 Jalan Ulu Yam – Sungai Tua Hutan Lipur Sungai Tua, 68100 Batu Caves, Selangor
- Opening Hour: Saturday & Sunday 10:00 am to 05:00 pm
- Cost: RM5 (U$1.20) entrance fee per person, RM30 (U$7.20) per tent
- Contact Number: +6019-878 0086
11. Moonkissed by the River
The Moon Kiss campsite has an outstanding picturesque view in a hidden corner of the Semungki river. You can go there to enjoy nature and pitch your camp tent to have a dazzling view of the stars.
The camping site offers amenities including a 24-hour cafe, washroom, fire pits that are suitable for having your BBQ and so on. The campsite is not accessible for regular vehicles, so you have to make your travel on foot.
- Address: Moon Kiss Campsite, Bt 14 1/2, Jalan Sungai Semungkis, 43100 Hulu Langat, Selangor
- Opening Hour: Daily 24 hours
- Cost: RM30.00 (U$7.20) per tent
- Contact Number: +6019-883 3980
12. GIBS Ecotourism Resort
The highlight of GIBS Ecotourism Resort is a night in its colourful container like chalets. This campsite is surrounded by stunning lush rainforest and a river. You can have all the adventures and excitement that nature provides at this camping area.
However, if you prefer to tent your camp under the stars, you certainly can have. Because this eco-friendly resort also offers you a camping ground to set up camp and have your moment with nature.
They indeed provide sufficient facilities like a prayer room, washroom, BBQ area, and many others to make your camping comfortable.
- Address: Lot 36837, Jalan Sungai Tua, 68100 Batu Caves, Selangor
- Opening Hour: 09:00 am to 05:00 pm
- Cost: RM15.00 (U$3.60) per tent
- Contact Number: +6011-3278 8285
13. The Hid3Out
Nestled in a peaceful place in Hutlista, the Hid3Out can take your Camping experience to the next level. This campsite is best for beginners who want to have a camping experience without awkward logistics that bothers every camping trip.
A glamping-style campground with the tent and outdoor scenery will complete your camping experience and give you the utmost adventure. The Hid3Out offers everything to make your camping experience memorable.
Don’t be afraid! You will not be totally caveman as basic amenities include beds, washroom, and more are here for you. And here you can also have a barbecue party.
- Address: Sungai Tua Recreational Forest, Hutlista 2, 2, Jalan Sungai Tua, Kampung Sungai Tua, 68100 Batu Caves, Selangor
- Opening Hour: Daily, 24 hours
- Cost: RM299.00++ (U$71.76++) for 2 passengers
- Contact Number: +6011-1281 1725
14. UbiPadi Leisure
Whether you come for a day out or overnight camping, UbiPadi Leisure offers you lots of enjoyment and activities. Nestled in the rolling hills of Hulu Langat, this campsite has its own finishing pond and orchard.
Here you will have spectacular green scenery with various vegetables, fruit trees, birds, fish, and places to refresh. UbiPadi Leisure provides excellent camping sites that come with amenities like a kitchen, shower, and washroom. You can choose to do many fun activities, including fishing, rubber tapping, kayaking, and more.
- Address: Batu 18,, 673, Jalan Sg. Jerang, Kampung Jawa, 43100 Hulu Langat, Selangor
- Opening Hour: 08:00 am to 10:00 pm
- Cost: RM25.00 (U$6.00) per person for camping
- Contact Number: +6019-777 8590
15. GG Retreat
To have a slice of calm and peace, you can make your way to Bukit Tasek Serendah. As at this place, you will find a significant camping ground called GG Retreat. With a nearby river and a lake, this campsite gives you all the natural pleasure that you desire.
GG Retreat offers the campers everything they possibly need, which makes them happy, including clean washrooms, showers, barbecue pits, and Wi-Fi. You can make a quick dip in the nearby river or paddle a bamboo raft around the lake for enjoyment. Even if possible you could bring a motorhome as the campsite ground is large enough to accommodate it.
- Address: Bukit Tasik, Kampung Orang Asli Serendah, 48200 Serendah, Selangor
- Opening Hour: 08:30 am to 05:30 pm
- Cost: RM5.00 (U$1.2) entrance fee per person, RM30.00++ (U$7.20++) per tent
- Contact Number: +6011-3311 7455
As we are noticing that all of you have liked our campsite articles and other information about camping ground and camping gear, we have decided to give you a bonus section about campsites. By reading this bonus section, you will know about campsites that are located in the riverside, waterfront, and lush greenery.
So, let’s get started!
FRIM Camping Area
The Forest Reserve Institute of Malaysia (FRIM) is the first and foremost tropical forestry research centre. It is one of the most famous camping sites in Selangor. This campsite is managed by the Ministry of Land, Water, and Natural Resources and is surrounded by tall, lush trees.
This place has a vast area of about 3,229 sq feet. To give you comfort and safety, it comes with a hall, a kitchen, chalets, and restrooms. So you can enjoy your camping days without worrying about a single thing.
At the same time, FIRM also rents sleeping bags and tents to give you utmost enjoyment among nature. It doesn’t end here. You will get to do plenty of activities such as biking, jogging, trekking, and bird watching.
- Opening Hour: Daily, 08:00 am to 05:00 pm
- Cost: RM30.00 (U$7.20) per tent (4men tent)
- Contact Number: +603-6279 7000 / +603-6279 7649
- Details rates & locations
Hulu Langat HomeStay Eco Farm Campsite
Hulu Langat HomeStay Eco Farm Campsite offers a camping site and homestay room to stay amidst nature. The place is filled with greenery, and here you will see many small animals like turkey, grey goose, ducks, turtles, rabbits, and so on.
Besides camping, you can also enjoy fishing and bamboo rafting as the campsite has a small fishpond.
Facilities like a water heater, toilet, power supply, refrigerator, kitchen all are available here. And the best part is the camping rent is very reasonable, RM30.00 for adults and RM15.00 for children.
- Address: Kampung Gemi, 43100 Hulu Langat, Selangor
Chalet Tepi Sungai Di Selangor
Chalet Tepi Sungai di Selangor is not a particular campsite. It actually means riverside campsites. These campsites are for all of you who love the riverside atmosphere. Have a look at which riverside campsite you want to go.
Lopoh Waterfront Chalet
At every riverside camping ground, you will get the advantage of swimming and fishing in the river, and that’s also true with Lopoh Waterfront Chalet. There are 12 chalet units, and four people can stay in each chalet. So, it is pretty good for group camping with friends.
- Address: 43100 Hulu Langat, Selangor
Lopo Blue River Chalet and Camp
If you ask me why you should camp or stay at Lopo Blue River Chalet and Camp, then my straight answer would be for its floating chalets. Yes, this campsite has floating chalets, and you can go fishing from the balcony of this chalet. Isn’t it amazing!
Now let me tell you the more surprising part, these chalets are available for only RM60.00, and also have a refrigerator, dining table, and barbecue facilities.
- Address: Lopo Blue River, 43100 Hulu Langat, Selangor
D’Sungai Lepoh Chalet & Kem
Those of you who have children and are afraid to go camping at the riverside camping ground, you can go to D’Sungai Lepoh Chalet & Kem. Here the chalet is set on a multi-level river row, and it is not so deep, which makes it safe for children. Moreover, the rent price is very reasonable, only RM80 for each chalet where three people can stay very comfortably.
- Address: Lot 3461, KM22 Sungai Lepoh, Kampung Kuala 43100, 43100 Hulu Langat, Selangor
Batang Kali Chalet
In this bonus section, you will get more options for camping. Here we have also covered some Batang Kali Chalet campsites.
Rimbunan Chalet Sungai Sendat
To have some retreat from the everyday hustle, you can go camping at Rimbunan Chalet Sungai Sendat. It is located amidst a completely natural environment, and you can have a refreshing atmosphere here. You can do activities like swimming and cycling. Many people come here for picnics also. So if you’re not willing to stay at night, you can come for a picnic with your family.
- Address: Jln Kampung Gurney, 44300, Selangor
Rosyabillah Chalet is located near a river, and it is the best place to spend a good time with family. Here in the natural landscape and stunning scenery, you can take many iconic photos. The chalets are pretty impressive, but you need to share the washroom with others.
- Address: Jln lama genting 44300 sg pinang, Batang Kali, Selangor
The above list of campsites in Selangor would be helpful for those who love camping but don’t want to go too far. If you are one of them, let us know your experience of camping.
To know more about Selangor and its best attractions, visit our article, The Best 25 Attractions in Selangor That You Should Not Miss.
Note: As we are in the midst of a pandemic, it’s best to check to see if these campgrounds are open before heading out.